Sunday, April 20, 2008

bright dwight



oh, new york times, you are like the bad music at a coffee shop. the playlist sucks long enough to make me angry and gather my things, but just then, a decent tune comes on. today it was this. and honestly, after last sundays mccaine kissing contest/apology for breaking the affair news, i was ready to give up. my friend ingrid told me once that my obsession with current events was unhealthy; my sister tells me to read more fiction. but i am telling you both, this is my entertainment. the media is so impressively entertaining to watch! the way they dictate "public opinion" & confuse people to the point of successfully maintaining an illusion of democracy, keeps me in hysterics. genius! two thumbs up! no matt damon thriller could have so many twists and pricey action sequences.

personally, i think the big bad m.i.c. is a more appealing episode- i mean, political agenda- than money. but thats just me. im a sucker for good tv.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

indeed, the world and its media provide much entertainment. but there is just too much of it - why spend so much time sifting through all the continuous media (of which we know 95% is worth ignoring), when fiction can provide you with a consistent elixir of the world's entertainment? in different doses, flavours and strengths? your sister is bang on it... stories are entertaining, media is an industry. yay! i love your blog!

kelly said...

please, for the sake of us all, pick up that book mom sent you & read a chapter! would it kill you?????

& thanks anonymous - there's nothing like good fiction. & i'm serious here - it's like good art - essentially untrue but also more true than anything someone could EVER give you in the media!