Thursday, April 10, 2008

last night i dreamt i was eaten by a character from a natalie dee comic, but i didnt die. instead, i became tiny. i found myself on a leaf where a

caterpillar strolled up & puked all over me. the puke made me slippery, so i slid off the leaf & into a puddle where willie nelson was giving a lecture on smoking pot under water.

anyway,
i have tmj. well, i think i have tmj. im pretty sure i do, so i dont chew gum. but it is really hard to stay away from such a good thing. so today i buckled. i had some double mint gum & it was good. but my attention span for gum had sharply declined in my time away from the habit. i found myself bored & slightly angry that the flavor was still going strong after the first 100 chews. whatever happened to the juicy fruit chew-it-and-lose-it flavor tactic? those were the days. i like my gum thick, chocked full of sugar & tasteless within a minute & thirty seconds.
so i decided what to do with my life: im goin into the gum-making business! yep, thats what im gonna do.

but then some friends & i walked down to a bench @ the edge of the east river, in between the brooklyn & manhattan bridges for lunch. and as i sat there in the sun (today was the most beautiful day in the entire history of the world) & realized that in my entire life, i have never had a completely satisfactory salad, due to over dressing. why do people seem to think salads need to get all dolled up? greens actually taste delicious when theyre all earthy-like. i learned this when i had a vegetable garden for a season. so then, i switched from the gum business to the salad dressing/prepared salad business. you know, to teach people the goodness of a green.


that idea was really taking me places in my head, which allowed me to daydream during work for a good thirty minutes until i thought about ginger ice cream & what a brilliant idea THAT is. you can get it all over chinatown. amazing. it is almost as good as wasabi gelato. which got me thinking about the wasabi flavored brussel sprouts i had the other night- creative genius. im not quite sure how the next thought came up, but i was shocked to suddenly remember that it has been years since i have seen and/or played with a lite-brite. which is just not ok.

so im gonna bring lite-brites back. but i will have to do that tomorrow, because right now i need to get back to work :)

1 comment:

kelly said...

sometimes i think i have tmj, too. that' why i chew only half pieces of gum now. well, that & i have a dream-phobia of having too much gum in my mouth. it's horrible.